Sunday, January 9, 2011

This Week in Review

Lots to share from this week's activities:


One of my new year's resolution was to walk 10,000 steps/day. I chose this goal for many reasons: health, being more green, training for the Avon Walk. This week, I reached my goal all but 2 days. I walked to school (2 miles) and back 3 of the days. On those days, my car was off the road. I also walked to several errands. My challenge to you: Try to do just one errand on foot. It can be quite easy, healthful, and helpful to the Earth!


Yesterday, I made vegan donuts! It was so nice to be able to have a donut! I haven't had any since becoming vegan. Not that that is a bad thing, since they are really not good for me anyway, but once in awhile... Here is a link to the recipe, along with many other great recipes:


http://haymarket8.blogspot.com/search/label/donuts%20%28basic%29



I didn't frost them, but instead rolled them in cinnamon and sugar. Yum! 


One other recommendation I have is for a frozen food product:
Vegetarian Plus Vegan Black Pepper Steaks
Okay, so it's backwards, but it gives you an idea of what the package looks like. I think I bought it in Whole Foods, but it could have been Stop and Shop. They were delicious!!!!! The texture was good, and unlike meat, it had no grissle nor fat. The sauce was so yummy; I even used my veggies to soak up every last drop! I would even serve these to my non-vegan friends.


Tonight I made fresh butternut squash from the garden! I still have one more left. How cool is that in the middle of winter! Remind me of this next year when I am complaining about all the work the garden is. I also remembered to put the potatoes, that were left at the end of the season and have been sitting in paper bags in my garage, into a box and cover them with sand. Perhaps they will be seed potatoes for next year's crop, and maybe not, but at least I tried!

No comments:

Post a Comment